The original church in Maryfield was Presbyterian, built in 1912-1913. In 1918, the Presbyterians and Methodists united. In 1925, with the amalgamation nationally, of the Presbyterian, Methodist and Congregationalist churches, St. Andrew’s United church was born. Maryfield and Fairlight became one pastoral charge in 1930. Heron closed in 1950, Inglesfield in 1958 and Woodville in 1959. All became part of St. Andrew’s.
The first Sunday School was established in 1908 and continues today. The Ladies’ Aid was established in 1918 and eventually became the United Church Women (UCW).
As the congregation increased in the 1980’s, a decision was made to build a new structure on the site of the old one. The many volunteers from the congregation made this possible, and on May 18, 1986, a dedication service was held for the new church.
Maryfield-Fairlight had been a pastoral charge from 1930 to 2002. Due to declining membership, Fairlight United church held its last worship service May 19, 2002. It amalgamated with Maryfield.
Declining membership at St. Andrew’s led to amalgamation with Wawota United Church in August 2002. These two churches formed Crossroads United Pastoral Charge.
Crossroads ministers have been:
2002-2005 – Rev. Harvey Hurren
2005-2013 – Rev. Sarah (Sally) Bullas
2013-present - Rev. Roy Bortolotto (DLM)